Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Day Another Sunset


Another little 8" x 10" oil on canvas. I actually finished this one yesterday, making two for the day. Who knows what today will bring. I forgot how much fun it is to do a daily painting. You can't wait to get up and get going knowing that you will actually finish a painting that day. There are many, many daily painters now.....thanks to Duane Keiser who started it all. He even now sells little 2 x 3" pieces that he calls oddments. He's up to number 237 of those and you have to preorder sight unseen to get one. The price of those is now up to $175 each. I believe I paid $125 for mine back at number 69. You can see those at his blog. Carol Marine is another big daily painting seller. You can see her daily's on her blog. Hers sell on eBay for over $200 each. That's a pretty nice little side income, I'd say. She also does larger work and teaches many workshops. Artists are pretty busy people.

No comments: